Sauna or steam bath has been a custom from Romans to Turkish and from Japanese to the more recent Finnish Sauna. Most of the cultures around the world have their own version of steam bath. Sauna works on the principle of sweating to keep the body healthy. Sweating is a natural way of the body to cool and detoxify.
There are many other benefits of Sauna now acknowledged even by the doctors and scientists. A few of the benefits of sauna are:
- Flushing Toxins – Sauna induces sweating which is the natural way of flushing toxins out of the body. It is a known fact that induced sweating can help to keep out the extra toxins we have in our body due to pollution. It relaxes the body on the whole.
- Weight Loss – Steam bath helps in increasing the temperature of the body. The metabolism speeds up and you can burn 500 calories in an hour. No exercise can give you such results.
- Improves immunity – Sauna induces the increase of White Blood Corpuscles which are responsible for immune system getting stronger. The improved immune system can keep you disease free and healthy.
- Great for hair – Most of us face hair loss living in the polluted environment. Sauna helps to detoxify and helps your hair in the process. Regular sessions of Sauna can help you grow lustrous hair.
- Look Younger – Sauna helps remove the dead cells from the surface of skin. It helps surface blood circulation and makes your skin glow.
Sauna is not just therapy, it is the way to get purified of toxins in the world we are living.